The Morgan Library & Museum invites applications for the position of TMS Administrator. This position will be responsible for the implementation and administration of The Museum System (TMS), the application used for managing the Morgan’s curatorial collections. The TMS Administrator will participate in planning for the acquisition of TMS; provide crucial support for its implementation and for on-going system administration; serve as a primary resource for TMS users, and provide support for data interchange between TMS and other databases and applications. The Administrator will also provide support for quality control and maintenance of descriptive and transactional data stored in TMS. The TMS Administrator collaborates closely with Collection Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Services (MIS), curatorial and other relevant departments. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Exhibition and Collection Administration.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the humanities; Graduate work in museum studies or library science is preferred
- Minimum three years of experience with TMS administration and Crystal Reports
- Substantial previous experience working with TMS in a museum environment, preferably during the implementation phase
- Strong knowledge of SQL as used in MS SQL Server, XML, and Crystal Reports
- Excellent and demonstrated expertise in database administration
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access and ability to troubleshoot Access databases
- Strong writing and collaborative interpersonal skills; ability to problem solve; work independently, and interact with a wide audience range with a focus on service
- Experience in project management and budgeting
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time
- Ability to work odd hours as necessary to address systems issues
Commensurate with experience; excellent benefit plan.
Interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: Human Resources at email@example.com