The Indianapolis Museum of Art (IMA) seeks a Systems and Database Administrator to join our Management Information Systems (MIS) department. As a sysadmin, your primary responsibility will be to manage servers and applications so as to ensure system availability and integrity.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Day-to-day administration, basic database management, backup, maintenance, security, upgrade/patch management, and basic good computing practices.
- Research server and vendor software to ensure compatibility before doing upgrades.
- Familiarity with Group Policy (GPO), Exchange, AD, and Windows Update Service (WSUS).
- Interact with vendors to install and troubleshoot applications, servers, and software environments.
- Create and maintain documentation of IMA systems and environments.
- Working knowledge of SQL, data and upgrades.
- Knowledge of Servers: 2008, 2012, 2012R.
- Knowledge of Xen and Citrix a plus.
- All information that applicant comes in contact with is confidential and may not be disclosed outside of the Indianapolis Museum Art, or outside the departments that use this information.
Other duties may be assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
No direct supervision.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
B.A./B.S. degree in a computer related area and two to five years related experience and/or training; or a certificate related to the above skills is a plus but not required.
Ability to read and interpret documents and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, and percentages. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Be an effective communicator, both in written and verbal forms
- Be a positive team member, working with others to resolve problems
- Accept responsibility for issues as they arise
- Strong orientation to detail
- High degree of self-initiative and motivation
- Able to work with limited supervision and direction
- High level of adaptability and creativity
- Microsoft Office Product software familiarity
- Microsoft IIS administration
- Linux, Apache System Administration
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, color, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the position.
A competitive salary is offered for all positions and a generous benefits package for full-time positions. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: ATTN: Human Resources – 4000 Michigan Road; Indianapolis, IN 46208, e-mail to email@example.com, or fax to 317-920-2655. If you e-mail your application, please specify “Systems and Database Administrator” in the title. No phone calls, please. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.