At ITHAKA, we think nothing is better than knowing we are having a positive impact on the world. We impact the lives of millions of people and thousands of institutions every day both in ground-breaking ways and in small ways that mean a lot.
The Sr. Institutional Participation Coordinator (IPC), Artstor will be based in the New York office and will collaborate with ITHAKA’s Director, Institutional Participation & Strategic Partnerships, for the South and Mid-Atlantic regions. As the Sr. IPC, Artstor, you will have the primary responsibility of lead generation and the tracking and closing of new opportunities for Artstor Digital Library and Shared Shelf, in addition to supporting the mission and revenue goals of these products. You will also assist in expanding awareness and participation of JSTOR and Portico within the educational community. This position will require some travel (up to 15%), and will demand a self-motivated, flexible, organized team player who thrives in an environment of constant change.This is a unique opportunity for a strategic individual to work with a dynamic and growing organization that, through delivery on its mission, is having a transformative impact on the scholarly communications landscape. To achieve this we need people that have the ability to work in a team environment, enjoy interacting with individuals, are self-motivated and committed to helping support the research needs of academic libraries.
We are looking for an energetic and outgoing individual who is not afraid of new challenges and is eager to interact directly with academic librarians to uncover the research and content needs they have and educate them about the value of JSTOR, Artstor and Portico as a solution. You will work closely with the Directors, Institutional Participation –South, Mid-Atlantic Region, and other individuals in different departments, such as Legal, Finance, Marketing, and Analytics, who are instrumental to our success in supporting participation across the regions. You will join a strong and experienced team with a proven track record in supporting the demands of librarians and an experienced Content Development team with a proven track record in developing and licensing a variety of textual and multimedia materials.
Our organization and this role are unique and will provide you with an opportunity few other places can offer including:
- The ability to work directly with academic libraries and help them in solving their issues to support the growing demand for new content.
- Work with a dedicated team of individuals, including many librarians who are dedicated to supporting the needs of all participants.
- Enjoy an environment that supports internal growth and opportunities for professional development.
- Be a part of a not-for-profit organization that is growing in the market and creating new products to support the ongoing research needs of academic libraries.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities
- Lead mission driven new participation activities in the region to meet the participation and revenue expectation of the organization for Artstor.
- Provide product expertise for Artstor Digital Library and Shared Shelf
- Drive awareness of Artstor digital content and tools by developing relationships with a diverse group of decision makers including academic librarians, administrators and faculty members.
- Prospect for new accounts introducing educational institutions, departments and libraries to Artstor products and services.
- Effectively demonstrate digital products and tools, providing librarians and faculty members with useful information and strategies for promoting Artstor as a campus-wide resource and platform.
- Work with and support team members to meet and exceed participation and revenue goals on an annual basis.
- Communicate Artstor’s mission, messages, and fees to potential customers.
- Respond to inquiries, accurately update customer information management tool and pipeline, negotiate basic terms of License Agreements, give remote demonstrations and set up trial access.
- Managing daily interactions and guiding institutions through the participation and post participation process.
- Represent Artstor at conferences and other events deemed appropriate for this community.
- Keeps up-to-date on various Artstor initiatives and developments and being able to communicate these initiatives to potential participants.
- Additional special projects as assigned by managers and other senior staff members.
- Ability to travel (est. 15%).
Skills, Experience, and Characteristics
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Library Science, Business or Art History); Master’s preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience in academic library sales or marketing fields.
- Demonstrated success working with administrators, faculty, department heads, librarians and other decision makers to provide digital content and/or software solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, strong email, verbal and written communication skills in a variety of settings.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work well as a team member, a willingness to actively participate in team projects and share ideas.
- Strong technology skills, including familiarity with metadata structures, trends and web development as well as project management experience.
- Exceptional organizational skills, ability to perform independently, be self-motivated, adapt to constant change and able to juggle multiple tasks with a positive attitude
- Strong commitment and interest in the use of images in an educational setting.
- Fluent in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong commitment and interest in ITHAKA’s mission and outreach efforts.
- Ability to work well as a team member.
Work for us
Come join our team of talented and dedicated people with great ideas who want to make the world a smarter place. Individuals will be rewarded with excellent career development and a fantastic benefits package that includes:
- Choice of two medical plans, one at no cost to the employee
- Employer paid dental, vision, life insurance, and employee assistance programs
- Employer contributed retirement and much, much more
How to apply:
Interested candidates can submit their resume, a detailed cover letter, and salary requirements to: https://rew22.ultipro.com/ITH1000/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=694
ITHAKA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.