The Senior Web Developer will be a part of the Application Development team – the primary technical resource responsible for defining and approving technical decisions, developing new applications, and maintaining, enhancing and extending the Museum’s public-facing website. The team also serves as a highly skilled and domain knowledgeable development and consultative resource, and collaborates on design and development of new content technology-related Museum initiatives.
This position will be a senior member of the team responsible for front-end and back-end development of www.metmuseum.org. In addition, the Senior Web Developer will have opportunities to participate in the development of other public-facing Museum technology solutions. The position reports to the Senior Manager of Application Development, and works closely with other members of the Application Development team as a technical resource and guide.
This is a hands-on development position. Ideal candidates should be innovative, flexible, and self-directed; show a willingness to share, discuss, and brainstorm ideas; and enjoy writing code, solving problems and working/communicating with other developers.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain, enhance and update www.metmuseum.org
- Develop re-usable libraries and APIs
- Help to establish, support and maintain site-wide C#.NET coding standards
- Participate in code reviews
- Other related duties
Requirements and Qualifications:
Experience and Skills:
- Proven ability to design reliable, maintainable code, and a firm understanding of web technologies and application programming.
- Expert level knowledge of the .NET framework, ASP.NET 3.5, 4.0, C# 4.0, MVC
- Strong knowledge of MS SQL Server 2005, 2008, stored procedures, views, database design for performance, query optimization
- Significant experience creating and consuming web services (REST and SOAP)
- Experience creating and documenting APIs to be used/consumed by others
- Experience coding and maintaining secure eCommerce web applications
- Experience with TFS or other source control system
- Experience with continuous integration
- Knowledge of object oriented design patterns
- Experience with Content Management Systems, Sitecore a plus
- Experience with Solr a plus
Knowledge and Education:
- 5+ years of significant website development, support and maintenance experience, with a strong background in large-scale, database-driven web application development.
- BS or BA Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or a related discipline
- Must have an interest in, knowledge of, and enthusiasm for the internet and web-related technologies
- Interest in the arts, art history, museums, and/or cultural affairs is preferred
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Senior Web Developer” in the subject line.