TITLE: SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER, WEBSITE
REPORTS TO: Deputy Chief of Digital
We are looking for a highly talented Senior Product Manager to own and drive the next phase of evolution of the Museum’s flagship digital product, metmuseum.org. We are looking for a creative, inspirational leader with a demonstrated ability to develop product strategy and drive its execution who is passionate about defining the future of one of the foremost cultural websites in the world.
The Senior Product Manager, Website, will be responsible for managing all aspects of product evolution of metmuseum.org. The ideal candidate will be passionate about capitalizing on opportunities presented by the rising influence of mobile technologies and shifts in the way people are accessing information and consuming digital content; s/he will use business analytics and user research to extend the relevance and appeal of the website with new audiences; and s/he will work with product managers across our product portfolio — including the Timeline of Art History, Met App, #MetKids, Audio Guide, social media and email newsletters — to ensure the website works within the Museum’s overall digital presence.
This role will partner with Museum leaders and sponsors and interface with project stakeholders, application development, database/API managers, content producers, analysts and designers to identify and define requirements, identify new product opportunities and prioritize tasks. This Senior Product Manager will be expected to make sound investment and trade-off decisions to continuously improve the website in the service of our users and the Museum’s mission.
The Senior Product Manager will manage and allocate resources, develop KPIs that enable performance management and report progress to the department’s leadership team and stakeholders. Grounded in empathy, our ideal candidate will inspire colleagues and motivate by articulating a compelling vision and setting clear objectives and roadmaps. We are looking for a candidate with a passion for and knowledge of the cultural sector and mission-based institutions. The ideal candidate would also have a proven track record of product management experience to support and fulfill the strategic objectives of a large organization.
A recent Met blog post outlines the Museum’s digital strategy [ http://bit.ly/metdstrategy ]; this role is a critical part of the implementation of that strategy.
- Define and own the product vision for metmuseum.org
- Drive development of metmuseum.org in service of overall business goals and KPIs
- Judiciously prioritize the product roadmap and backlog
- Champion the needs of the user, and use research and analytics to inform decision making
- Set and manage quality standards
- Earn project and museum-wide commitment to overall product strategy for the website
- Collaborate with product managers across the department
- Drive tangible and measurable results
- Manage budgets and reporting for the website
- Identify, drive and establish strategic partnerships with third parties
- Foster Product, Design, Content Production, Data Management and Application Development team cohesion, synergy and culture
- Create optimal environment for product success and continuous improvement
- Interface regularly with the Digital Department leadership and museum management team to share learnings
- Oversee task management for developers in the Museum’s project management software
- Recruit and manage a website producer.
- 5 years of experience developing and managing a content-rich website
- 2+ years with leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to set strategy and adjust course as needed
- Charismatic, highly motivated and results-oriented
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Experience working in a museum or a related sector is desirable.