The Woodruff Arts Center is a major visual and performing arts center located in Atlanta. The center houses four arts divisions in one campus and not-for-profit organization. Opened in 1968, the Woodruff Arts Center is home to the Alliance Theatre, the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, the High Museum of Art and Young Audiences.
As one of the Woodruff Arts Center Divisions, the High Museum of Art is the leading art museum in the southeastern United States. Located in Midtown, Atlanta’s arts and business district, the High has more than 13,000 works of art in its permanent collection. In addition to operational, infrastructure, and collections care and access-based technologies, the High continues to experiment with interactive technology. In 2011 the Museum launched its award winning application, ArtClix which brings together photo-recognition and social media to give Museum-goers a total interactive experience. Artworks are automatically recognized and the comments and photos taken by visitors are shared as part of an online community.
The Woodruff Arts Center is seeking a Sr. Manager of Museum Technology to provide strategic vision and operational support for the High Museum of Art. This position reports to the Woodruff Arts Center Director of IT with dotted line to Chief Operating Officer, High Museum of Art.
- Responsible for identifying technology opportunities to position the High Museum of Art as a technological industry leader.
- Responsible for technology initiatives from inception to completion. This includes building and developing proposals, building business cases as well as project management leadership during the implementation phase.
- Participate in fund raising efforts in support of the High’s technology initiatives. This includes participation in prospect identification, board collaboration and proposal development.
- Effective advocacy for Museum needs in IT steering committees.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert on museum processes and operations. This includes but is not limited to spearheading process improvements and strategic initiatives to enhance the use of technology by Museum staff.
- Work collaboratively with all Museum departments.
- Represent the museum’s interests at power user’s meetings and during application selections, installations, upgrades and enhancements.
- Assist Museum staff with questions and best practices regarding application configuration and setup.
- Provide general application support in trouble shooting and resolving issues / distinguish between applications and systems problems and escalate as appropriate.
- Design and deliver comprehensive end-user applications training to museum staff.
- Act as liaison between the IT department and end users in gathering requirements and testing for new enhancements or projects; Document business requirements and testing scenarios.
- Broad understanding of museum practice, IT requirements, business needs and new technologies.
- Forward looking, charismatic individual with an entrepreneurial spirit. Senior level experience in a startup is ideal.
- Successful track record of driving strategic initiatives from inception through completion.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in various aspects of museum technologies.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong customer focus and customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Experience implementing, supporting, and/or administering museum applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in an information technology related field.
Preferred by Not Required:
- Working knowledge of PCI-DSS requirements
- Tessitura experience.
- Museum Collections Management Database (TMS) experience.