We’re hiring a Senior Exhibit Content Developer to join the Academy’s Exhibit Studio. We create captivating exhibits and visitor experiences to engage a global audience in the Academy’s mission to explore, explain, and sustain life on Earth. Our current projects include a new exhibition on cutting-edge exploration of coral reef biodiversity, redesigning portions of the signature living rainforest, and pioneering new ways to showcase incredible natural history collections and science-based sustainability solutions to Academy visitors.
The Senior Exhibit Content Developer will:
- Serve as lead content developer on assigned projects.
- Work closely with Academy scientists, a top-notch exhibit team, and other internal and external partners to develop innovative strategies for Academy exhibits.
- Create engaging scientific content, research and write exhibit and aquarium labels, and produce interactives and media.
- Report to Associate Director of Exhibit Content Development.
Who we’re looking for:
- You’re passionate about making science and sustainability compelling for broad audiences.
- You have demonstrated experience in science writing for diverse public audiences.
- You have a degree in life sciences, environmental studies, museum studies, or related field.
- You have 5+ years (7-10 preferred) of exhibit development experience in informal science or similar setting.
- You’re adept at collaborating on multiple projects simultaneously and meeting tight deadlines.
This is a full-time position in San Francisco, CA.
For full position description and to apply, please visit calacademy.snaphire.com/jobdetails?ajid=lfKA8. Applications close June 12.
The California Academy of Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from individuals who will contribute to its diversity.