- Provide high level support to the Director and engage a dynamic and passionate Executive team
- Ongoing employment with enviable working conditions
- Salary package up to $110, 689. Package includes salary ($90,215 – $99,862) employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
A catalyst for creative expression and curious minds
The Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences (MAAS) is Australia’s contemporary museum for excellence and innovation in applied arts and sciences and are uniquely placed to demonstrate how technology, engineering, science and design impact Australia and the world.
We currently have an outstanding opportunity for a talented individual to join the Museum at a time when it is embarking on a major transformation with planning underway for the Museum’s longer term future in Parramatta. This represents a once in a generation opportunity to develop a twenty first century museum that responds to growth, and the changing shape of Sydney, and to contemporary methods of content delivery, learning and collaboration.
In this role, you will play an instrumental part in the Executive Support Team, responsible for providing a high level of support to the Director, the Director’s Executive Officer and the wider Executive team, ensuring all administrative matters are prioritised and handled efficiently and effectively.
This position must work cohesively and have the ability to influence a variety of internal and external stakeholders and will be required to manage projects and reporting as assigned by the Director and Executive Officer.
The role requires a strong strategic focus and is a key public facing role representing the office of the Museum Director. This role will also manage a small team of Executive Assistants and plays a vital role in managing relationships across the museum.
The successful candidate will be intuitive, have excellent verbal and written communications and preferably have experience preparing official government correspondence.
To get a full role description Click Here
MAAS website can be found at maas.museum
For information on applying for roles in the NSW Public Service Click Here
To be eligible to apply for this role you must meet these requirements:
- A minimum of 5 years executive management support and office management experience or an equivalent knowledge gained through a combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with competing deadlines, sensitive and confidential matters and to work flexible hours, as required.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills with the ability to liaise with a diversity of stakeholder and client groups.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyse and solve administrative problems to provide accurate and appropriate outcomes.
- Experience in contributing to/coordinating reporting
- Ability to research and provide input into reports
- Advanced word processing, PowerPoint, spreadsheets, database, desktop publishing, Internet and e-mail skills, including familiarity with computer packages including Microsoft Office.
As part of GSE Act compliance, your application must include:
Cover Letter – No more than two A4 pages. Must include short statements in response to the two targeted questions below (drawn from the Core Competencies required in the Role Description) There are no selection criteria to address
Resume – No more than three A4 pages. Must be up to date with current employment, and clearly details your skills and experience as relevant to this role. You must include 3 referee contacts (name, role, phone number and email address), clearly identifying a junior, peer and manager. We will not contact referees without your consent.
Question 1 – Describe a time when had to use your negotiation skills to influence a critical decision. How did you approach it and what was the result you achieved?
Question 2 – Please give an example of a procedural or systemic improvement that you initiated. What was the problem that you intended to address and how did you track the improvements over time? What was the eventual outcome of your changes?
Your cover letter and resume will need to be submitted as PDF attachments on your candidate file application on I Work for NSW.
Other – The successful applicant is required to undergo and meet the cost of a National Police Records Check.
To apply for this role, please follow the link to I Work for NSW.
The Museum of Applied Arts & Sciences welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with a disability. If you have individual requirements that need to be accommodated in order to participate in the selection process and join the Museum, please indicate this in your application.