Media Production Assistant at Minneapolis Institute of Art (Mia)
The Media Production Assistant will work as part of a collaborative team to plan, produce and install video, audio, and digital media projects for museum exhibitions and events. This position will work evening and weekend hours as needed to facilitate events and provide exhibition support.
In this role, you will…
- Develop and assist in drafting and refining concepts, storyboards, scripts and shot lists to support media initiatives.
- Assist and/or work independently on video productions, including editing draft and final projects.
- Assist in the design and construction of museum media installations.
- Maintain, monitor and clean all gallery-based media equipment on a regular basis to assure constant, consistent quality operations.
- Maintain department schedules for media production and installation work.
- Keep maintenance calendar, inventory, and operation records of Interactive Media equipment.
- Set up and operate media equipment necessary for special event production.
- College or technical degree in media production (especially film/video) or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Proven video production development skills and proficiency with Adobe Premiere.
- Hardware and equipment knowledge.
- Ability to envision and facilitate media installations.
- Organizational skills and strong written and verbal communication.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, self-motivation, thoroughness, dependability, and the ability to set and maintain priorities.
Who You Are
You are a creative, detailed-oriented, production-minded person with excellent communication and organizational skills. You enjoy working with media production and presentation tools, technologies and techniques. You work well and communicate effectively with a diverse group of people.
You’re good at and enjoy…
- Being part of a team that develops high quality media projects from start to finish.
- Working in a fast-paced environment; juggling changing priorities, multiple projects and deadlines.
- Finding solutions to technical problems when others have given up.
- Tinkering with technology, old and new.
- Organizing and tracking projects.
- Sharing ideas visually by developing story and concept boards.
- Lighting and shooting amazing looking video.
- Editing video to tell visually rich stories.
- Creating great visual effects and motion graphics.
- Being creative and making media projects happen.
The Minneapolis Institute of Art is an audience-centered workplace where everyone strives to provide excellent service and cultivate honest and positive relationships. Generosity, agility, emotional intelligence, positive energy, and driving results are the core values that define Mia’s culture. Successful employment at Mia includes full embrace and consistent demonstration of these values by all team members.
To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter including your interest in the position, what you will bring to the position, and why you are the ideal candidate, and a resume outlining your educational and professional experience to email@example.com.
Deadline for submissions is Friday, June 23, 2017.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER