A catalyst for creative expression and curious minds
- Provide project coordination and support for a once in a lifetime iconic museum project
- Temporary employment for up to 12 months with flexible working conditions
- Salary package up to $107,988. Package includes salary ($88,015 – $97,426) employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
The Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences (MAAS) embodies the best of design ingenuity and innovation, profiling one of the world’s great collections. The Museum is a highly successful interdisciplinary institution that sits at the intersection of the arts, design, science and technology and plays a critical role in supporting the brand and vision of the city.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to recruit a project coordinator to work within the MAAS Parramatta Project team. This project is the relocation of the Powerhouse Museum and part of a wider government project for the creation of a new arts and cultural precinct in western Sydney. It represents a once in a generation opportunity to develop a twenty first century museum that responds to growth and the changing shape of Sydney, and to contemporary methods of content delivery, learning and collaboration.
- Experience and excellent track record in delivering wide reaching and complex cross organisational projects
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written, able to tailor presentations to a variety of audiences
- Knowledge and experience working with financial and governance frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and experience working within a fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions.
To get a full role description Click Here
For information on applying for roles in the NSW Public Service Click Here
As part of GSE Act compliance, your application must include:
CV – No more than three A4 pages. Must be up to date with current employment, and clearly details your skills and experience as relevant to this role. Must include referee contacts. We will not contact referees without your consent.
Question 1 – Describe a time when you had to meet an important deadline while working on several projects. What did you do to ensure you met your deadline whilst not jeopardising the other projects?
Question 2 – Tell us about a situation where you were required to work with people at senior levels in an organisation. What communication styles and steps did you take to work effectively with them?
Other – The successful applicant is required to undergo and meet the cost of a National Police Records Check.
Your cover letter and resume will need to be submitted as PDF attachments on your candidate file application on I Work for NSW.
The Museum of Applied Arts & Sciences welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with a disability. If you have individual requirements that need to be accommodated in order to participate in the selection process and join the Museum, please indicate this in your application.
Apply for this role at the I Work for NSW website