An opportunity to serve as the IT Specialist responsible for customer service support.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Plans and delivers customer support services, including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and customer assistance in response to customer requirements.
Performs hardware troubleshooting with laptops, monitors, external devices, desktops and mobile devices.
Installs, supports, and maintains network hardware and software, including network operating systems, servers, and users.
Identifies problems associate with bad data lines to telecommunications specialists, and works closely with them during problem resolution.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS (ENSURE THEY ARE ADDRESSED WITHIN YOUR RESUME)
• Experience troubleshooting, training and tech support for end users for equipment and services provided by IT; software, hardware and networking experience to recognize interrelationships sufficient to report, respond to, and working well with customers to resolved IT issues (specialized experience requirement).
• Knowledge of system software, hardware and networking to recognize interrelationships sufficient to report, respond to, and resolve customer requests.
• Knowledge of computer equipment and assigned system software to determine source of failures and to report, respond to, and resolve customer issues.
• Ability to perform basic troubleshooting, training and tech support for end users for equipment and services provided by IT.
• Ability to communicate with the customer to resolve technical issues and communicate the solution to the customer and co-workers.
• Ability to demonstrate a friendly customer service presence and helpful attitude with good interpersonal skills to work well with others.
IT specialists are required to have:
• Attention to Detail: Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
• Customer Service: Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external business partners and customers (any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unity produces including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government). Provides information or assistance. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement. Effectively manages customer relationships.
• Oral Communication: Makes clear and convincing oral presentations to individuals and groups. Listens effectively; clarifies information, as needed. Speaks and writes in a clear, concise, organized, and convincing manner that is appropriate to the audience. Facilitates an open exchange of ideas to ensure all group input is considered. Handles technical, sensitive, or controversial topics with agility involving executives/managers as appropriate.
• Problem Solving: Identifies and analyzes problems, weighs relevance and accuracy of information, generates and evaluates alternative solutions, and makes sound recommendations.
Address these qualities within your resume!
EXCEPTIONAL SMITHSONIAN BENEFITS:
401k with matching funds + federal pension plan
Group Life Insurance
Voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Long Term Disability
Flexible Spending Accounts
Free Transit/Commuter Benefits (up to $3,060 commuter costs paid per year)
Annual Leave (13 days) increasing after 3 years (20 days)
Sick Leave (13 days)
Federal Holidays (10 days)
Family Friendly Leave Family Friendly Workplace
Historic and landmark offices and garden
92Y Fitness Center
Free Entrance to Museums and Galleries
Curatorial Talks and Tours (Cooper Hewitt)
Employee Assistance Program
Tarallucci e Vino Museum Café (employee discount) http://www.cooperhewitt.org/visit/cafe/
Cooper Hewitt Museum Shop (employee discount)
Admission to NYC museums and galleries (free)
General Employee Discounts
Application Deadline: June 26, 2017
Please note this is a federally funded position. In order to be considered for this job, you must set up an account at usajobs and apply on line at this website at:
Submit a detailed resume addressing all qualification requirements.