The Saint Louis Art Museum seeks a Head of Digital Assets who will be responsible for broadening public access to the Saint Louis Art Museum’s collection, archives and content by establishing and managing the Museum’s Digital Asset Management System (DAMS) and related services, including photography, rights, and reproductions for personal, educational, promotional, or commercial use both inside the museum and by outside audiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of experience in digital assets management and production.
- Demonstrated success working with digital asset management solutions and workflows in a complex visual arts environment.
- Proven success as a key member of a matrixed, cross-functional team; able to work equally well with people in business, creative, and technical positions.
- Able to apply sound judgment while working independently within tight timelines.
- Outstanding attention to detail and commitment to excellence.
- Excellent oral and written communicator, with great interpersonal skills; able to forge trusting relationships within a diverse team.
- Fanatical about creating order from disorder ; understands the “correct” level of process to apply to different projects.
- Solid technical background, experience managing technical projects, and/or hands-on technical experience.
- Understands software implementation and development methodologies and timelines.
- Demonstrated commitment going above and beyond to help customers, system users, or patrons in solving problems or locating information
DUTIES, WORK PERFORMED:
- Oversee the selection and implementation of an institution-wide Digital Asset Management System
- Identify appropriate ways to organize and manage the entire digital asset life cycle from creation to distribution, production, and archiving.
- Identify and implement both digital asset management efficiencies within business units and opportunities for shared services across business units, which optimize workflows and applications in an effort to maximize cost savings
- Oversee the work of the Museum’s Digital Asset Manager, their staff, and work related to digital asset production and image rights and reproduction.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the issues surrounding copyright, rights of image, and rights relating to the creation and distribution of information, imagery, and other licensed materials (audio, video, text, CAD, etc.) and create solutions that serve both creative and legal requirements.
- Find elegant and creative solutions to regular system issues in the everyday use and access to Saint Louis Art Museum’s DAMS.
- Monitor, report, and analyze on DAMS statistics and ROI
- Develop support teams, user guides, a DAM help desk, and training programs to provide user application support that ensures a large user community is able to use digital asset management tools efficiently, minimizing any potential loss of productivity from user inexperience, user error, or any other user issue that may prevent them from working with digital assets in the enterprise
- Establish digital asset management storage and retention programs that store the appropriate digital assets at the appropriate times, not only supporting the needs of the business today, but also anticipating the future needs of the business by enabling future programming and future sales by enabling efficient search, use, reuse, and repurposing as needed
- Create clear and detailed case studies/user stories and reporting/acceptance criteria to identify and prioritize requirements and workflow.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of asset metadata models incorporating industry standards and the Saint Louis Art Museum’s unique requirements.
- Understand tools available internally and externally to devise solutions that are flexible for our organization’s use while making our process more efficient.
- Develop a thorough understanding of user needs and tailor solutions that work for identified audiences.
- Participate and influence Saint Louis Art Museum’s larger digital asset strategy.
- Clearly present proposals, status, and solutions to other departments and management.
- Assist in managing relationships with outside vendors and contractors working or supporting the Saint Louis Art Museum’s DAMS.
- Effectively and efficiently marshal resources from a matrix functional group to achieve departmental or institutional goals.
The above statements of this job description describe the general duties and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They do not claim to describe all of the functions of this position. Employees may be assigned other duties and the essential functions may change or be changed from time to time.
The Saint Louis Art Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, or any other protected class.
To apply, visit: www.slam.org/careers