The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco (the de Young and Legion of Honor) are seeking an E-mail Marketing Manager. Under the supervision of the Director of Marketing & Communications, the E-mail Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and overseeing the successful, measurable implementation of a strategic e-mail and digital marketing communications plan for the Museums.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the Director of Marketing & Communications, manages the planning and implementation of the Museums’ e-mail campaigns across departments, driving sales and engagement.
- Launches new and advanced e-mail marketing initiatives, maximizing integration with CRM and increasing marketing database leads.
- Manages list segmentation and scheduling process across departments, establishing processes and coordinating a complex list of priorities across departments’ internal production schedules.
- Writes copy and copy edits for online audiences; offers suggestions to other departments, and ensures a consistent voice across all e-mail communications. Further, works closely with members of Information Technology, Marketing and Communications and the Web & Digital Strategy team on consistent messaging, online style guide, and editorial calendar.
- Analyzes e-mail metrics on daily, weekly, and monthly basis to capitalize on trends, and continuously implements best-practices and strategies that drive results to maximize organization’s goals.
- Establishes and monitors metrics to track the impact of FAMSF’s digital efforts and recommends improvements.
- Communicates results to various stakeholders on a regular and ongoing basis; offers recommendations based on user behavior to maximize results.
- Coordinates multi-channel marketing automation extending beyond e-mail.
- Utilizes advanced segmentation, targeting, and A/B and/or multivariate testing strategies to inform tactics.
- Manages the Digital Marketing Assistant and directs their activities to fulfill incoming requests, filter and proofread copy, manage scheduling and calendaring of messages, and the coordination of meetings.
- Manages third-party vendors used to support digital engagement efforts and activities.
- Test new retention channels beyond e-mail (SMS, direct mail, etc.) to discover new engagement opportunities.
- Manages the evolution of FAMSF’s e-mail marketing program as we implement a new contact relationship management (CRM) system.
- Develops and executes highly personalized customer experiences across print and digital channels.
- Manages the functionality and marketing messaging within the de Young and Legion of Honor apps.
- Develops strategy for Retail e-commerce email marketing and over $150k in incremental revenue.
- Strategizes multi-stage, multi-channel print and digital membership campaign with a goal of increasing membership, and potential added revenue and cost savings of over $1.5 million.
- Implements and manages Marketing Cloud EMS.
- Works with Marketing, and senior management to develop a strategy of lifecycle nurturing programs: email, mobile and online campaigns for acquisition, onboarding, retention, and growth.
- Manages all campaign testing, QA and deployment scheduling.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Work Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience in e-mail marketing, digital media, and/or marketing. Production, design, and html experience strongly preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience with CRM, ticketing, and automated marketing platforms desired (ex. Marketo, Marketing Cloud and Journey Builder, SilverPop, MailChimp, Constant Contact, Salesforce).
- Strong writer and copyeditor (Chicago).
- Advanced presentation skills (PPT + infographics).
- Knowledge of various paid marketing channels and technologies, including paid search, display and social retargeting, and mobile app install ads.
- Creative problem solver with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Plan and execute advance customer engagement programs through Journey Builder.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience producing email newsletters, reporting of email analytics, testing and optimization, and managing lists in compliance with opt-in procedures and CAN-SPAM.
- Ability to analyze and integrate information from relevant sources and incorporate changes or make appropriate decisions.
- Adherence to Digital Marketing and industry-standard best practices.
- eCommerce marketing experience.
- Ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities in a focused and timely manner. Proactively address issues as they arise.
- Ability to take direction, manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and take initiative.
- HTML, CSS, mobile-friendly template design and graphic design skills, Adobe CS, advanced email automation, wireframe.
- Prior exposure to SQL or a programming language.
- Experience in SMS mobile marketing.
- Experience in database management.
- A high level of initiative, problem solving skills, and project management capabilities.
- Experience and proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, tact, and diplomacy.
- Flexibility in meeting shifting demands and priorities.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects in a complex, highly demanding, and fast paced work environment.
FAMSF offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
We accept online applications only. To apply online, please visit: http://famsf.snaphire.com/home
The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco are the city’s largest public arts institutions and comprise the de Young and the Legion of Honor museums. The de Young, designed by Herzog & de Meuron and located in Golden Gate Park, showcases American art from the 17th through the 21st centuries, international contemporary art, textiles and costumes, and art from the Americas, the Pacific, and Africa. The Legion of Honor displays a collection of over 4,000 years of ancient and European art including Auguste Rodin’s The Thinker and houses the Achenbach Foundation for Graphic Arts in a Beaux-Arts style building overlooking Lincoln Park and the Golden Gate Bridge.
COFAM is the Corporation of Fine Arts Museums and is the privately funded non-profit corporation which supports the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, a department of the City and County of San Francisco.
COFAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in all phases of employment in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws.