Tired of selling boring products or services? Want to achieve goals for projects you actually care about? Want to work with a team of passionate and creative individuals on projects that make a cultural impact? Do you like to travel?
If you answered yes to all of the above, we want to hear from you.
Guru is a group of talented and creative people who believe in the power of cultural conversation, in the beauty of art and culture, and the personal growth that results from education. We seek to change the way people interact with their world by providing a connection to learning through exploration and interaction.
Guru is in the business of creating unforgettable cultural experiences that entertain, educate and drop jaws. We use the device that every museum, aquarium and zoo visitor has, their smartphone, to create meaningful engagement, one-of-a-kind augmented and virtual reality experiences, and content that will change how visitors learn and understand our cultural world and living collections. This San Diego startup has exploded onto the cultural venue scene and is experiencing rapid national and international growth. We need a talented Director of Sales with the passion and drive to match ours, to help us change the way visitors experience attractions, arts and culture.
As Guru’s Director of Sales you will be a key player in our commercial success through identifying and nurturing new contacts, maintaining customer relationships in an ever-growing network, and negotiating and delivering contracts. The long sales cycle of our industry will demand the patience of a saint, the stamina of a long-distance runner and the diplomacy of an international politician.
The successful candidate will be both self-starter and team player; comfortable interacting with all levels of client staff; adept at building and maintaining meaningful relationships; and have prior experience in managing, growing and maintaining sales teams. Initially you will be solely responsible for prospecting, qualifying and closing leads, but will work to quickly establish a sales team to drive and support our rapid national and international growth. Guru is a tech-savvy company, passionate and knowledgeable about the opportunities of technology in the cultural and attraction space, that’s what we need in our Director of Sales. Ideally, this position will be based in San Diego but we are willing to consider a remote office for the right candidate. You will travel often to Asia, New Zealand, Australia and Europe.
Working with Guru’s CEO you will:
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to achieve sales targets and to expand the company’s customer base;
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals, presentations and other channels at your disposal;
- Define, hit and exceed annual sales targets within assigned territories and accounts;
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships;
- Contribute to the general advancement and success of the organization by accomplishing related results as needed;
- In time, develop national and international sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees;
- In time, manage national sales staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
You will have:
- Seven years of proven sales experience, consistently meeting or exceeding targets, driving the sales process from plan to close;
- An engaging, effective and articulate presentation style able to communicate and influence credibly, trust and the value of our product and services to all levels of a client organization;
- The proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of our products and services and overcome customer trepidation;
- Fluency in relevant industries and trends.
You will receive:
- A competitive salary and benefits package;
- Daily satisfaction working in a fast-paced and fun environment, and thank the day you responded to this posting.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.