The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco (the de Young and Legion of Honor) are seeking a Digital Marketing Assistant. The Digital Marketing Assistant provides direct support to the Email and Digital Engagement Manager. The Digital Marketing Assistant performs a wide variety of administrative tasks requiring responsibility, initiative, accuracy, diplomacy, tact, and problem solving skills. This position works effectively and collegially with a broad range of staff members.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and coordinates production timelines, ensuring the timely distribution of materials upon completion for digital marketing initiatives, including email, and other marketing projects, as needed.
- Assists in the preparation of content briefs, user-testing, and digital marketing research, and makes recommendations to streamline processes and implement new/emerging digital marketing technologies.
- Assists in the creation of complex 1-to-1 journeys across all channels and devices using Marketing Cloud’s Journey Builder/Automation Studio.
- Closely tracks and maintains current production schedules through project management system to ensure content launches and is delivered on time. Consolidates and compiles content edits for e-mails and other related projects.
- Routes and traffics content and visual assets internally and externally.
- Writes and edits copy; produces graphics and coordinates directly with Graphic Design department on the creation of standardized digital graphics.
- Assists with marketing department reports; performs light clerical duties, including photocopying, filing, and collating; schedules meetings and takes minutes.
- Manages campaign maintenance for AdWords and regularly creates reports analyzing email and website analytics.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts, English, Art History, or a closely related field from an accredited college or university.
Work Experience: Minimum of 1 year of experience in museum, administrative assistance, creative agency, and/or marketing firm.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and groups.
- Experience with Email Marketing System (Marketing Cloud, Marketo, Mailchimp).
- Basic understanding of html, photo editing.
- Experience with list segmentation methods/database management.
- EMS/CRM/CMS program experience a plus.
- Experience with customer nurturing programs a plus.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office, ability to create and edit graphics for web and email in Adobe CS, and mobile-friendly design.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects, maintain commitments, and meet strict deadlines in a highly demanding and fast-paced work environment.
- A high level of initiative, problem solving skills, organization, and project management capabilities.
- Knowledge of business English and basic business math skills; modern office methods, practices, and procedures; filing and organizational systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and appropriate working relationships.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, tact, and diplomacy.
- Flexibility in meeting shifting demands and priorities.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects in a complex, highly demanding, and fast-paced work environment.
Step 1 of the pay range is $18.24 per hour.
This Union position is full-time, and has a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision and generous vacation, sick, and holiday policy.
Application Deadline: January 25, 2016
We accept online applications only. To apply online, please visit: http://famsf.snaphire.com/home
The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco are the city’s largest public arts institutions and comprise the de Young and the Legion of Honor museums. The de Young, designed by Herzog & de Meuron and located in Golden Gate Park, showcases American art from the 17th through the 21st centuries, international contemporary art, textiles and costumes, and art from the Americas, the Pacific, and Africa. The Legion of Honor displays a collection of over 4,000 years of ancient and European art including Auguste Rodin’s The Thinker and houses the Achenbach Foundation for Graphic Arts in a Beaux-Arts style building overlooking Lincoln Park and the Golden Gate Bridge.
COFAM is the Corporation of Fine Arts Museums and is the privately funded non-profit corporation which supports the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, a department of the City and County of San Francisco.
COFAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in all phases of employment in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws.