The Walker’s design and editorial department seeks a full-time, exempt Digital Designer to join our award-winning design studio. The recipient of more than 100 design awards, the design studio is a professionally managed operation that produces digital and print communications for the Walker. Reporting to the Design Director, the Digital Designer will play an important role in creating and evolving the visual identity of this institution.
This individual will primarily design and oversee digital materials for Walker programming and communication areas, such as web page layout, graphics for web pages, social media, email templates, online publishing graphics and identities, digital displays within the museum, online ads, and future digital initiatives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Designing and overseeing of digital materials, such as email templates, online publishing graphics and identities, online ads, and graphics for various web pages related to the Shop, Homepage, Event Rentals, and ticketing.
- Working with the Marketing department to develop materials that communicate effectively to all audiences.
- Designing and assisting in the development of Walker digital publications.
- Training and development of fellows, interns and other new Design staff members.
- Contributing to the Design blog on a weekly basis, orchestrating larger online publishing initiatives, and overseeing regular design contributions from other studio designers.
- Assisting with programming the annual Insights lecture series, working closely with the AIGA/MN staff and visitors.
- Degree in graphic or web design and/or 3-5 years professional design experience required.
- Excellent visual design skills and advanced problem-solving capabilities.
- **Proficiency in computer-based design on Macintosh platform with related software programs: Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. Proven skills designing for interaction, with a solid understanding of HTML 5, CSS, scripting (jQuery or equivalent), and W3C web standards/best practices required..**
- Basic knowledge of template languages such as Processing, Django/Python, Rails/Ruby is a plus Experience in comprehensive design standards related to institutional or corporate identity.
- Experience in digital video, broadcast and motion graphics, web design, and interactive media a plus.
- Excellent typographic skills with the ability to create, adjust, and modify digital fonts.
- Possess understanding of online publishing, social media, and online communication trends.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, ability to work cooperatively with others.
Submit the following materials by PDF attachments only to email@example.com.:
- Letter of interest, a resume, names and contact information of 3 references
- PDF portfolio containing 8-10 examples of graphic design work—no larger than 19 MB. Apply early, the position will remain open and posted only until the ideal candidate is found.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace as well as increasing diversity in our workforce. We especially encourage applications from minority group members, women, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups and others who may contribute to further diversification of ideas. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.