The Getty Research Institute (GRI) in Los Angeles is seeking a full-time, limited-term content producer to join the GRI’s Department of Research and Publications. This is a salaried position at the Getty Center in West L.A.
Under moderate supervision, write, edit, copyedit, produce, and manage web-based projects. The candidate should have a thorough understanding of web best practices and extensive experience with social media platforms, including their toolsets and special features.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Write, edit, and produce content for the web, including html web pages, e-newsletter, and social media platforms.
- Communicate with a broad range of staff to properly complete and deliver content.
- Collaborate with coworkers, working groups, and stakeholders to identify stories, schedule updates, gather content, and write text. Ensure that deadlines are met.
- Collect and organize required media assets; update and maintain editorial calendar.
- Lead account administrator for social media platform and e-newsletter.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably related to digital media production or journalism.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple web projects in a production environment using numerous distribution channels such as e-newsletters, web pages, and social media.
- A strong background in arts and humanities and an understanding of a cultural research environment is preferred.
- Enthusiasm for social media, the web, and its potential.
Please attach writing samples to your resume when you apply for the position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Outstanding writing, editing, copyediting, and proofreading skills, with proven ability to write for different types of audiences as well as for different types of distribution channels.
- Experience maintaining institutional voice: skill with crafting engaging headlines, calls to action, descriptions, and captions with adherence to house style.
- Must be highly organized and able to respond to a fast-paced web environment, with proven ability to multitask and meet competing and multiple deadlines.
- Ability to quickly respond and adapt to changing priorities.
- Must be proficient in media creation and production tools.
- Working knowledge of content management systems; Creative Suite; project management software programs such as Basecamp and Intervals; Chicago Manual of Style.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate diplomatically with coworkers across a wide variety of departments
- Ability to participate in numerous projects simultaneously.
Please apply online here.