Gallagher & Associates is looking for a diversely talented Associate Technical Director with a specialization in web frontend and backend technologies. As an Assistant Technical Director at Gallagher & Associates, you will work closely with the existing Technical Director to analyze, guide, scope, and manage execution of large scale interactive experiences that vary from web based deployments to full physical installations. You will work in collaboratively with internal design teams and with clients including renowned museums, corporations, universities and governmental organizations. Our projects range from traveling exhibits, to corporate centers, to large scale museums.
You will manage technical execution of web based technologies as well as back-end systems that will support web-based and native applications. You will be involved in technically focused client communication and coordination, and you will be involved in the staffing of a team dedicated to interactive experience development.
You will also be involved in setting up physical prototypes and studying/experimenting with new technologies that can forward the design mission of our firm. Our projects involve a complete technical stack, ranging from overseeing network design, to building database systems, to optimization of graphical frontends.
- Collaborating with partners in Visual Design, User Experience Design, Research, Content Strategy, and the Exhibit design team, to understand the essence of interactive experiences.
- Collaboratively guide the conceptualizing of interactives given technical realities, and execute the development and deployment of interactives.
- Assist with project presentations and client meetings. Participate in new business pitches.
- Work closely with Project Management to assess project complexities, create development plans, and manage local or remote technical teams in an agile fashion.
- Identify potential technical hires, as well as third party vendors.
- Ability to multi-task in a very fast-paced team environment.
- Participate constructively in inter-department communications
- Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience; advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum 5+ years demonstrable experience in solving complex software problems.
- Minimum 3+ years developing cutting edge web experiences.
- Experience managing projects using task management systems or other agile oriented tools.
- Experience working in a creative field a plus.
Gallagher & Associates is a global award winning, full service museum exhibition design firm, specializing in design and development of interpretive 3D experiences and interactive media installations. We believe that the hallmark of any exhibit is storytelling and lies in its ability to capture a visitor’s imagination through sights, sounds and words. Constant collaboration between disciplines and with our clients is the foundation of our creative process. Gallagher & Associates’ collaborative working style facilitates the process that is required to develop a storyline that provides a rich, layered learning experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.A. and live in or be willing to relocate to the New York City area.
Candidate must have examples they can show that demonstrate creative thinking and core craft skills across a variety of categories and design formats & methodologies.