Associate Director of Infrastructure and Operations
Artstor, New York, NY
The Associate Director of Infrastructure and Operations is responsible for the implementation and operation of all technology infrastructure deployed to support Artstor. The infrastructure is comprised of a primary and backup data center, network and server services, telephony VoIP, servers, storage, and related software. This position is responsible for ensuring the security, privacy, availability, and processing integrity of all IT systems and infrastructure. The Associate Director leads the Infrastructure and Operations teams with overall responsibility for technology infrastructure planning and deployment of technology services.
Artstor is a nonprofit organization with a mission to use digital technology to enhance scholarship, teaching, and learning in the arts and sciences. We bring together 1.8 million high-quality images for education and research and offer the tools to catalog, manage, and distribute digital media collections. Our products and services are made available via the Internet through site licenses with educational and other not-for-profit institutions. Artstor is headquartered in New York, NY.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct the technology infrastructure strategy and execution for Artstor, including: planning, managing/leading projects and identifying opportunities for automation, cost savings, and service quality improvement.
- Develop the engineering and technology management capabilities of the organization.
- As a supervisor is responsible for recruiting and retaining qualified staff; as well as the development and mentoring of staff; the Associate Director will be responsible for creating and promoting a collaborative culture that aligns with the organizational culture.
- Provide infrastructure services vision and ensure the efforts align with business objectives.
- Ensure technology architecture and the IT operations governance process supports the business goals of the company.
- Manages strategic infrastructure vendor partner relationships.
- Define Artstor’s enterprise architecture, assessing cost and feasibility and ensuring the plan is aligned with our strategic goals.
- Manage detailed annual infrastructure budget of approximately $2 million.
- Lead with a goal of improvement, continuously challenging the way we do things and why; and embrace emerging technologies to reduce cost, improve service delivery, and manage risks.
- Develop and maintain operational KPI dashboards, including availability and cost data points.
- The ideal candidate will be an organized self-starter with exemplary communication, leadership, and organizational development skills.
- Must be able to work with multiple project teams simultaneously and thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Success in this role requires a proactive and hands-on approach to identifying and resolving issues.
- The Associate Director must have demonstrated experience and knowledge enabling them to act as a technical advisor to staff and senior leadership.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 8 years of related experience, including at least 4 years in a 24/7 production, high-availability, multi-site global enterprise including application hosting, voice and data networks, security and information protection, and high availability networks and replicated disaster recovery architectures.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Understanding of VOIP telephony services.
- Working knowledge of Linux and Microsoft Server, database, and messaging technologies.
- Working knowledge of Storage Area Network (SAN) and related technologies.
- Working knowledge of Cisco-based network communications technology.
- Experience with business continuity and disaster recovery planning and testing.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, Visio, Access (relational database structures), and PowerPoint.
- Proven IT leadership and staff development skill experience.
- Experience with ITIL or similar IT service management standards
- Comfortable managing highly-available complex infrastructure with 24/7 availability and support.
- Experience with compliance issues, including internal and external audits.
- Experience with comprehensive disaster recovery architecture and operations, including storage area network and redundant, highly-available server and network architectures.
Artstor is an equal opportunity employer. Artstor offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a collegial working environment. Nominations and applications, including a cover letter, resume and salary history should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.