The Met’s Digital Department is looking to hire an experienced email marketing producer to lead the production and deployment of email campaigns.
We’re seeking an ambitious, detail-orientated self-starter who will be responsible for contributing to the success of the Museum’s email program. This program plays a critical role in brand building, revenue growth, and customer retention and acquisition strategies for the Museum. The Assistant Email Program Producer will join a collaborative team responsible for all aspects of the Museum’s email lifecycle, from content creation, HTML coding and list management to deployment and analysis. The team delivers email campaigns for departments including Membership, Education, Development, Marketing and the Met Store.
The ideal candidate has substantive experience in building a high-volume, high-quality email pipeline through sustainable processes, and is comfortable managing multiple projects in a fast-paced and quickly evolving environment. S/he possesses impeccable written and oral communication skills, a process-driven approach, and a passion for arts and culture.
A recent Met blog post outlines the Museum’s digital strategy [ http://bit.ly/metdstrategy ]; this role is a critical part of the implementation of that strategy.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILIES & DUTIES:
- Code emails into HTML, manipulate and adjust templates, edit images, and create lists for targeting and suppressions
- Optimize emails to ensure best practices for email display and performance across multiple devices are met
- Verify the accuracy of work before sharing with stakeholders
- Use media queries to build mobile responsive emails, and to adjust responsive templates
- Test email rendering across a variety of clients, devices, and platforms and make adjustments to coding as required
- Work closely with stakeholders team throughout the lifecycle of each email, and adapt to numerous rounds of copy and design revisions
- Schedule and deploy email campaigns, and compile final performance reports
- Implement and adjust email testing and segmentation strategies, according to direction provided by your manager
- Work effectively with a cross-disciplinary team and organizational stakeholders to optimize emails in order to increase open rates, clicks and conversion rates
- Provide production support to Email Program team as required
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience and Skills:
- Advanced experience in HTML, Photoshop and Dreamweaver
- Minimum of two years’ experience in email marketing for revenue generation
- Experience with producing and deploying emails through an email service provider
- Familiarity with email marketing best practices for revenue generation
- Knowledge of list segmentation strategies
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with cross-departmental and interdisciplinary teams
- Knowledge of both Macintosh and Microsoft desktop operating environments
- Design skills strongly desired
- Experience in developing and deploying email tests a plus
Send resumes firstname.lastname@example.org