The Application Support Specialist is responsible for the resolution of all Help Desk user support issues (including our new ticket sales platform, Tessitura). This individual is responsible for providing assistance and recommending solutions to the user community.
Multi-Tasking in this position is extremely important, as the Application Support Specialist handles installations, updates, upgrades and removals of software, while also providing routine Tessitura desktop hardware and software maintenance.
The Application Support Specialist also troubleshoots and resolves issues affecting the staff’s ability to sell tickets and scan guests into performance in conjunction with other Shedd staff. This individual will also contribute and assist in maintain the departmental technical records, and would assist with training the staff on various topics.
This individual is required to provide support on the weekends and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate commitment to Shedd’s vision, mission and values.
- Provide level 2 support while delivering accurate and prompt troubleshooting assistance to users of the Tessitura software (covering the areas of ticketing, fundraising, reporting, customer relationship management and online transactions).
- In rotation with the Support team, triage incoming help tickets for subsequent assignment to team members.
- Assist users in troubleshooting Tessitura issues via incoming phone calls.
- Provide level 2 support for a 250+ user environment with 500 computers, over 50 servers, 30 switches, 400 phones, and 50 printers/scanners/fax machines.
- Support major applications including Tessitura, Microsoft Office 2013 Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Dynamics / GP.
- Assist users in resolving voice, data and printing support issues for user applications to include installation, maintenance, upgrade and repair of client side programs.
- Enforces system standards and principles across all technological platforms.
- Lend support and technical expertise to other members of the support team.
- Test and verify that proper procedures are in place to provide high level of service to Guests and Shedd staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field
The equivalent combination of education, experience and training (from which comparable skills can be acquired)
- Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in Information Technology
- Solid proficiency with:
o VMWare VSphere 5
o Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and 2012
o Active Directory
o Exchange Server
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting a variety of software packages including Antivirus, Antispam, Backup, and business software
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting relational databases (Microsoft SQL Server preferred) with knowledge of SQL
- MCITP preferred
- Knowledge of Windows 7, as well as 2008 and 2012 Server domains and Exchange 2010, and Apple/MacIntosh products and servers
- Ability to learn quickly and to communicate technical issues to non-technical personnel
- Must have strong customer-service background and excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to maintain effective relationships with users at all levels.
- Must be able to positively interact with difficult customers
- Must be able to lift heavy computer equipment (not more than 60 pounds).