We are seeking a productive and self-motivated professional to develop and create 3D digital assets as well as implement unique digital multimedia visualizations for heritage sites around the world.
Spurred by the Taliban’s destruction of the 1600-year-old Bamiyan Buddhas in Afghanistan, CyArk was founded in 2003 to ensure heritage sites are available to future generations, while making them uniquely accessible today through a free 3D online library. CyArk operates internationally as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization with the mission of using new technologies to document and digitally preserve and archive the world’s cultural heritage sites before they are lost to natural disasters, destroyed by human aggression or ravaged by the passage of time.
This individual will be responsible for creating 3D digital content: from 3D data processing and creation of compelling photo-real meshes and models, to historical reconstructions and animations. In addition, he/she will be responsible for helping the CyArk team deploy multimedia projects for the website. The position requires a detail oriented, creative, collaborative individual who should be adept at working on several projects at one time and moving quickly from one project or task to another in response to shifting priorities. As a candidate, you should have a natural inclination to take ownership over work results and a dedication to the growth of the team and organization. Our entrepreneurial environment is well suited for upward mobility within the organization.
The position will report to the Digital Production Manager. This is a full-time, exempt position.
- Producing high quality and photo realistic 3D models and meshes
- Produce animations highlighting the sites and their construction
- Contribute to the overall design of projects, working with the production team to brainstorm how ideas for interpreting sites can be presented on the web
- Contribute to creative code/multimedia projects for the CyArk website and apps
- Bachelor or Associate degree in Architecture, Design, Archaeology, or related fields and a minimum 3-5 years related professional work experience in an office setting; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven problem-solving and prototyping ability
- Proven organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines successfully
- Excellent design skills and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Expert in 3D modeling softwarte (i.e. 3d Studio Max, Maya, Geomagic)
- Affinity for the mission of the organization
At CyArk, individuals are encouraged and supported in their professional growth. Opportunities to take on new responsibilities and roles within the organization may be made available to the right person.
To be considered for this position, please email resume, cover letter, and work samples (3D modeling or visualization samples) in PDF format with the subject heading “3D Multimedia Designer” to: (resume @cyark.org) open until filled.