You are hereJob Postings / Job: Web Project Manager (Bilingual), Canadian Museum for Human Rights, Winnipeg
Job: Web Project Manager (Bilingual), Canadian Museum for Human Rights, Winnipeg
Deadline: November 9, 2009
The Web Project Manager coordinates web projects for the Canadian Museum for Human Rights (CMHR). This position manages the day-to-day operational aspects of assigned project(s), develops associated project plans, and provides project management services, training, consultation and support for CMHR staff and contractors. Key responsibilities are as follows:
• Provides project management support to the Manager, Design and New Media to plan, develop and implement strategic project plans, risk analysis, deliverables, budgets, resource requirements, tasks, timelines, validation, reports, and monitoring frameworks as related to web, design, and new media projects.
• Coordinates or participates in innovative projects with CMHR and CMHR partners; prepares project proposals and work plans; works in collaboration with teams across CMHR as well as external partners to deliver web and new media projects and activities; prepares project reports for management; and harmonizes team’s workflows for consistency in web site change/update process and efficiency across projects.
• Coordinates multiple projects and the work of multidisciplinary project teams; translates business goals into project requirements; assesses quality of deliverables; and drafts project reports.
• Participates in authoring standards for web design, publishing, and new media, (including AV and animation) to ensure consistency in the quality, functionality, and accessibility of CMHR web products. Vets deliverables to ensure compliance to these and other CMHR standards.
• Vets requests for updates to existing content and services and coordinates access and changes to the web content management system as part of regular administrative duties.
• Coordinates and organizes regular cross-functional team meetings with stakeholders and partners.
• Ensures timely placement of purchase orders; tracks financial documents against the project tasks completed; and recommends invoices for payment.
• Participates in communications networks and informal consultative mechanisms to promote awareness and visibility of new web-based products and services; implements best practices, and reports to CMHR management committees as appropriate.
• Maintains an archive of project files and ensures delivered media, content, project files, and corporate documentation is properly managed as per CMHR archiving and conservation standards and processes.
Requirements for this position are as follows:
Skills and Knowledge – Required
• A minimum of 5 years project management experience in the Web & New Media domain(s)
• Proven experience leading multidisciplinary project teams
• Proven experience managing project budgets, creating and delivering project governance documents
• Proven experience delivering web and new media projects
• Ability to identify client needs and new audiences
• Ability to develop project proposals and implementation plans
• Proficiency with Microsoft Project, Excel, and Office Suite
• A good understanding of web technologies, social media, and new media
• A general understanding of information architecture, interface and graphic design
• Knowledge of web development, marketing, usability, and accessibility concepts and standards
• Demonstrated ability to balance competing projects, multi-task, manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Effective communication skills in both English and French (written and oral)
Skills and Knowledge – Desired
• Post-secondary education in a related field
• Experience working for or providing service to a museum, cultural institution, or similar entity.
• Proven experience delivering web and new media projects in the cultural domain
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Discretion, tact, initiative and sound judgment
• Excellent time management skills
• Excellent client relationship, project management, negotiation, and problem solving skills
• Excellent project leadership, negotiation and presentation skills
• Strict attention to detail yet always in consideration of the high-level goal
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
• Work is in an office environment
• May require long periods at a desk, reading of lengthy documents, and time in front of a computer.
• Some travel may be required
The CMHR encourages diversity in all aspects of its operations. If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation in order to successfully submit an application, please contact us at email@example.com to make your accommodation request.